Quick scan update (round 4)

Good news on the scan.

The main tumour has reduced from 14x7 to 12x5 (the 14cm I think is the 15cm from the precious scan but just measured by a different doctor looking at the old scan - loving the precision of the reporting). Lung mets are barely perceptiple now. Hilar nodes have shrunk to a degree where it's within the realms of normality. I don't fully understand this but it's good news.

So, in summary, further good response to treatment and no new signs of disease.

My oncologist is very happy and says the decision is whether to have surgery now or to have two more rounds of chemo and then surgery. The advantage of more chemo is it should make the surgery easier as it reduces the tumour size and how it impedes on organs. He's leaning towards more chemo but will discuss with the surgeon and let me know (hopefully by Friday if the surgeon is available). Chemo would be in 2 weeks as normal, surgery spuld probably be in 3/4.

I said in the last blog post that I'm dreading more chemo but to be honest, I am handling it well and if the experts think that it's the best option then I'm willing to go through another two rounds before having surgery rather than rushing surgery just to avoid more chemo.

I will post again when the oncologist has spoken to the surgeon and updated me with their opinion. I'm becoming quite the blogger! Thanks for all your messages of support.

Comments

  1. Hullo my lovely..what wonderful news Ell, totally agree with you mate if you feel you can handle more Chemo before surgery it sounds the way to go...….you are doing so well Power to you young man much love and hugs Aunty and Paul xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post - The Switch and Call to Arms!

Accepting Terminal Illness

Coughing my way through Covid