Chemo Day 4 (+1)

Days 1-3 of chemo went without issue with shortish days on Monday and Tuesday. I felt pretty good each day - walked home from the hospital and spent the evenings watching the football and eating well. They give you so many IV steroids and anti sickness drugs that you mostly feel fine during week 1. Wednesday and Thursday were longer days - about 6 hours of IV with all the additional fluids they give you, so I stayed overnight as an inpatient for ease.

On Thursday I was a lot more lethargic and had a very full feeling in my whole body, which I put down to having 4 days if chemo and an insane amount of pills and fluids. When I was about to be discharged I mentioned my breathing was a bit more laboured and they decided to do a CT scan to check for blood clots. They found some fluid around my lungs which was 'unexpected' and decided to keep me in overnight to monitor it. Today my breathing seems better and I've just had a xray so currently waiting for the result to see the updated fluid situation.

The blood test this morning showed my potassium is low so they will put me on a drip to raise this up. I am likely to be here for most of the day and possibly overnight until they have got this to the right level.

Saying all this, I generally feel pretty good! A bit tired but stomach feels fine etc. These issues all seem manageable and I'm glad I'm in hospital rather than being sent home and having to be rushed back in.

Thanks to everyone who has been here with me in the hospital or come to visit, it's made it all pretty fun and easy so far.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post - The Switch and Call to Arms!

Accepting Terminal Illness

Coughing my way through Covid